Team PlayBetter is spending the week searching for golf's hottest new products at the PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, FL. Rough life, we know.
Garmin has officially announced the release of their newest handheld GPS device, the Garmin Approach G30, the next generation of the Approach G3, one of the best-selling golf products in Garmin's history.
This unit, which was described to us by a Garmin insider as a "grown up version of the Approach G3", fits easily into the palm of your hand and features several new functions plus a beautiful color screen specifically designed for use in bright, sunny conditions (like those found on the beautiful Orlando golf courses we are currently NOT playing on).
It's more compact than both the Approach G7 and Approach G8 but still packs in the features, many of which are commonplace on most of Garmin's newest golf units, but the first time they've been featured on a device of this size. Here's a list of the upgrades:
- Smart Notifications
- 15 hour battery life (two full rounds)
- Garmin Truswing (swing analyzer) compatibility
- This means you can view your swing data collected by a Truswing directly on the Approach G30
- Big Numbers Mode
The Approach G30 also keeps in tact all the features that made its predecessor such a popular unit, including:
- Full color screen (2.3 inches) designed for use in bright conditions
- Course View
- Touch Targeting
- High-sensitivity GPS with distances to greens (f/m/b), hazards and doglegs
- 40,000 worldwide pre-loaded courses (duh!)
- Digital Scorecard for Up to 4 Players
- Garmin Connect