Just a few years ago, the idea of owning your own launch monitor may have been too costly to consider. Not anymore. There are several companies offering quality launch monitors aimed at the individual consumer. Two products worthy of your attention are the SkyTrak Golf Launch Monitor and the GC2 Launch Monitor from Foresight Sports. Let’s take a look at the SkyTrak vs GC2 and help you find which is best for you.
Starting with SkyTrak
Before we take a look at the GC2, let’s quickly go over what the SkyTrak has to offer, and why it is such an appealing choice for so many players.
- Accurate launch monitor data, including all the information you would expect to find
- Simple to set up—no need to be a tech wiz to use this device
- Integrates with a wide range golf simulation courses and games
- Great for indoor use
- Uses photometric technology to provide precise data regarding the behavior of the club and the ball
- $1,995.00 at PlayBetter + Free 2-Day Shipping & 60-Day Returns
- 4.7 / 5 Stars Based On PlayBetter Customer Reviews
Despite its impressive performance across the board, perhaps the biggest selling point of the SkyTrak is its price point. The fact that you can purchase this powerful unit for less than $2,000 makes it easily stand out from most of the competition.
For a closer look at what the SkyTrak is all about, be sure to read our full SkyTrak review here.
The GC2 Smart Camera System
While there is plenty to like about the SkyTrak, it would be a mistake to make your decision before considering the powerful GC2 Launch Monitor . Foresight Sports is one of the leaders in the launch monitor business, a fact that can give you great confidence in the data this unit provides.
- Compact size, weighing less than four pounds and measuring less than 10’’ long
- Works with performance-driven golf simulators to provide an entertaining and informative experience
- Uses high-resolution cameras with stereoscopic system to capture as many as 10,000 frames per second
- Automatically corrects for non-level surfaces
- Works effectively both indoors and out
- $6,695 New, $5,400 Pre-Owned
Clearly, the GC2 is a powerful machine capable of providing golfers with a valuable data set after each and every swing. Note, however, that to get club data, it’s necessary to purchase an additional HMT (Head Measurement Technology) unit. While the GC2 may be more convenient for outdoor use and may offer higher accuracy, these features also come at a much higher price tag.
The Bottom Line
How much money do you want to invest in your launch monitor? That’s really the big question you need to address before moving forward with the purchasing process. For many golfers, the SkyTrak Launch Monitor is the perfect option, because it offers accurate data and the ability to use golf simulators for a budget-friendly price. While the GC2 certainly provides golfers with excellent performance and highly accurate information, the price tag will be a concern for those on a tighter budget.
With either option, you’ll come away with a high-tech device that can provide you the information necessary to take your game to a higher level. Have fun and play well!
The SkyTrak golf launch monitor and simulator is available at PlayBetter with Free 2-Day Shipping and 60-Day Returns. Save even more on your setup by purchasing a home course bundle , which includes the SkyTrak, impact screen and more—everything you need to get started.