Garmin Instinct vs Instinct 2/2S Maps & Navigation
All Garmin Instinct and Instinct 2/2S rugged GPS watches offer:
- Tracking in more challenging environments with multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo).
- Get next-level navigation with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather, and three-axis electronic compass.
- Take the worry out of wandering with TracBack routing to navigate the same route back to your starting point. Plus make your way with point-to-point navigation, back to start, distance to destination, barometric trend indicator with Storm Alert, projected waypoint, Sight 'N Go, area calculation, and XERO™ Locations.
- Dual-format GPS coordinates with latitude and longitude references offer unparalleled situational awareness.
For the Instinct 2 dezl Rugged GPS Watch
- Pair with the dēzl™ app for access to loyalty programs from some of the nation’s leading travel plazas, including Love’s Travel Stops and Pilot Flying J Travel Centers.
- Save time and improve efficiency with PrePass® notifications of upcoming U.S. weigh stations and bypass decisions; requires active PrePass account and use of the dēzl app on your compatible smartphone.
Instinct vs Instinct 2 Performance Metrics & Sports Apps
With all Garmin Instinct and Instinct 2 watches you can train smarter with preloaded activity profiles for running, hiking, mountain biking, swimming, and more. But the Instinct 2/2S GPS watches now have loads more activity profiles and performance metrics on par with high-end Garmin watches like the fēnix 7 and Forerunner 945, including VO2 Max, Training Status, Training Load, and Race Predictor.
In their design upgrade, Garmin also moved the barometric sensor from the back of the watch to the side to improve functionality.
Instinct 2/2 Surf & Solar–Surf Edtions
Record the number of waves surfed, maximum speed and distance by using the surf activity profile; tide data lets you stay up to date on ocean conditions. Windsurfing and kiteboarding activities let you measure your GPS position, speed, distance and heart rate; plus, see elevation for your kiteboarding jumps. Works with Surfline Sessions™, which creates a video of every wave you ride in front a Surfline camera, so you can watch them later and see how you did.
Instinct 2 Solar–Tactical Edition
Enable stealth mode to stop storing and sharing your GPS position and disable wireless connectivity and communication. Use jumpmaster mode to calculate high-altitude release points according to military guidelines and helps to navigate you to your objective once you’ve jumped. Easily switch between daytime view and nighttime view with a screen that can be read by night vision goggles.
Instinct 2 dezl
Pair with the dēzl™ app on your compatible smartphone for access to workout tutorials that fit within standard break times.
Garmin Instinct 2/2S Health-Monitoring
The best Garmin health-monitoring features in the Instinct 2/2S series remain pretty much the same as the original Instinct. However, the Instinct 2 has the updated Garmin Elevate heart rate sensor, which is more accurate than the version in the original Instinct lineup!
Get 24/7 health and wellness monitoring with wrist-based heart rate, Pulse Ox (not available in all countries), stress, and enhanced sleep tracking (this device is intended to give an estimation of your activity and metrics; it is not a medical device).
Garmin Instinct 2 Series Daily Smart Features
All the GPS smartwatches in the Garmin Instinct 2 lineup offer smart notifications, Garmin Pay™, and Connect IQ when connected to a compatible smartphone. You also get both Bluetooth and ANT+ connectivity and can control you smartphone music.
Instinct 2 Display Upgrades
Garmin Instinct 2/2S GPS smartwatches have a higher display resolution and now offer widget glances, so that you can scroll through views of your information at a glance!