Designed for unremitting race conditions, Enduro has several new training and recovery tools. Many traditional multisport smartwatch features have been augmented specific to the demanding needs of endurance athletes:
- VO2 Max: Track cardiovascular fitness levels with the new trail run VO2 max, which automatically adjusts based on trail conditions. A user’s VO2 Max is also adjusted by the environment through heat and altitude acclimation.
- ClimbProTM: Get real-time information on the current and upcoming climbs including gradient, distance and elevation gain by using the ascent planner. For additional safety and awareness, ClimbPro trail enhancements provide information for descents and flats.
- Rest Timer: Select the Ultrarun activity which features a rest timer to log the time spent at aid stations.
- Mountain Biking: Track the details of every MTB ride with mountain biking metrics plus specialized grit and flow measurements that rate trail difficulty and track the time of descent, giving a score to beat on the next ride.
- Recovery: Giving the body time to recover between sessions is crucial. After each workout, the built-in recovery advisor will recommend how long to rest before another big effort and the next workout based on sleep and wellness data.
- Recommended Workouts: For training guidance that takes fitness level into account, get daily run and ride suggestions based on current training load and training status.
Everyday wellness tracking
Enduro offers innovative health and wellness features including wrist-based heart rate2 and a Pulse Ox3 sensor for altitude acclimation and advanced sleep tracking. It also includes Garmin’s exclusive Body BatteryTM feature that monitors data to gauge energy levels, which can help with scheduling workouts and rest times.
Stay connected, even off-grid
No matter where the route may lead, staying connected is imperative. Enduro is packed with navigation and connectivity features including access to multiple global navigation satellite systems to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone, as well as built-in ABC sensors such as an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and a 3-axis electronic compass.
When paired with a Garmin inReach® Mini satellite communicator, users can send and receive messages quickly from the wrist and share their location so friends and family can follow along, even during the longest of races or extended training sessions that go beyond reliable cellular connectivity4. The inReach Mini is lightweight and compact and can easily be clipped to a hydration pack or vest. In addition to two-way text messaging and location sharing, inReach Mini includes interactive SOS. When the SOS is activated, a response coordinator will track the device location, notify emergency responders in the area, and stay in communication with preset emergency contacts throughout the incident.
Available now, the Enduro models range in suggested retail price from $799.99 to $899.99. To learn more, visit Garmin Enduro at PlayBetter.com.