Garmin Approach G80 GPS & Launch Monitor
The Approach G80 is the first of its kind, featuring both premium golf GPS features and a fully functional golf launch monitor!
What's Included in the Box?
- Garmin Approach G80 GPS & Launch Monitor
- USB cable
- Trolley/cart mount
- Lanyard carabiner
Garmin Approach G80 Handheld Golf GPS & Launch Monitor
The Approach G80 combines the power of Garmin's feature-rich GPS technology with the latest in golf launch monitor radar technology into one sleek, light device - making it not only one of the most innovative units of the year, but also one of the most functional.
The integrated launch monitor radar tracks club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, swing tempo and estimated shot distance. It includes four (4) different practice and game modes plus features the ability to play virtual rounds on any of the more than 41,000 preloaded courses with full-color CourseView maps.
The Approach G80 also includes features like PinPointer (for blind shots), PlaysLike Distance (accounting for slope) plus an integration into the Garmin Golf app where you can keep track of your stats and compare them to other Garmin golfers!
Integrated launch monitor tracks club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, swing tempo and estimated shot distance. Practice and game modes allow you to test your skills and work to improve your game
3.5” Sunlight-readable touchscreen display (with optional Big Numbers mode) & slim design with quick-button access to radar. Preloaded with more than 41,000 detailed color golf course maps worldwide.
COURSEVIEW MAPS &
Beautiful, full-color renderings of every hole and green on 41,000+ worldwide courses using the CourseView and Green View functionality plus, when using the launch monitor function, you have the ability to play virtual practice round on any of them!
The PlaysLike Distance feature gives you distances to the target, adjusted for uphill or downhill shots and is easily turned off for tournament play. PinPointer shows you the green’s location on blind shots.
MORE INFORMATION ON THE GARMIN APPROACH G80
MUST-HAVE GOLF GPS FEATURES
- 3.5” Sunlight-readable touchscreen display & slim design with quick-button access to radar
- Preloaded with more than 41,000 detailed color golf course maps worldwide
- Integrated launch monitor tracks club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, swing tempo and estimated shot distance
- Practice and game modes allow you to test your skills and work to improve your game
- Rechargeable battery lasts up to 15 hours with GPS
- PlaysLike Distance feature gives you distance to the target, adjusted for uphill or downhill shots
- PinPointer feature tells you where the pin is — even if you can’t see it
- Garmin Golf app compatibility to review stats, save scorecards, get automated course updates, participate in weekly leaderboards and join the online share-and-compare golf community within Garmin Connect
Approach G80 is equipped with multiple different practice and game modes. It also offers the ability to play virtual rounds on any of the preloaded courses worldwide with full-color CourseView mapping. Test yourself, or play with a friend on the driving range.
- Warmup mode provides simple feedback such as ball speed, club head speed, tempo, smash factor and estimated shot distance
- Tempo training helps you evaluate which backswing and downswing timings are best for you, and it provides instant feedback
- Virtual round allows you to simulate playing golf on any of the 41,000 preloaded courses
- You can compete against a friend on the driving range, play in a tournament against other users around the world or try beating your personal best
- To develop accuracy and consistency, target practice helps you focus on drives, short game or your all-around game
USE IT DURING ROUNDS
- On the course, the launch monitor measures shot distance. For easy access during play, simply press the quick access radar button to open launch monitor functionality.
- In addition, you get the convenience of Touch Targeting on full-color course maps. Touch any point on the sunlight-readable display, and it shows the precise distance to that spot — fairway, hazard, landing area or the front, middle and back of the green.
- It also doubles as a digital scorecard with scoring options for Stroke Play, Stableford, Skins and Match Play with adjustable handicaps.
- You will also be notified of periodic course map updates.
- The PlaysLike Distance feature gives you distances to the target, adjusted for uphill or downhill shots. It is easily turned off for tournament play.
- PinPointer shows you the green’s location on blind shots.
- Green View allows you to zoom in on the green to get more accurate yardage to today’s pin location.
- Big Numbers Mode increases the type, making it easier to read yardage numbers to the front, back and middle of the green.
COMPATIBLE WITH THE GARMIN GOLF APP
Approach G80 works with the free Garmin Golf app, which lets you compete, compare and connect with fellow golfers playing on more than 41,000 courses worldwide. Players can post their results and compare data, rankings and stats in the app
- GPS Golf Handheld with integrated radar
- Preloaded with 41,000 courses
- Full Color CourseView Mapping
- Built-In Radar Technology
- Club Head speed
- Ball Speed
- Swing Tempo
- Smash Factor
- Estimated Carry / Shot distance
- Pinpointer & Playslike Distance
- Big Numbers Mode
- Display Size: 3.5"
- Physical Size: 2.3 x 4.5 x 0.6
- Weight: 41 oz.
- Waterproof: IPX - 7
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Internal (15 hrs)