Learn, Compare, Buy, Explore.
Garmin fēnix 7/7S/7X Review. Take an In-Depth Look at the fēnix 7 & Compare with Garmin epix (Gen 2) & fēnix 6.
Filter by Model or Attribute
Sizes & Color
Garmin fēnix 7 Standard Models
Garmin fēnix 7 Solar Models
- 2 fēnix 7S Solar watches
- 1 fēnix 7 Solar watch
- 1 fēnix 7X Solar watch
|Garmin fēnix 7S||Garmin fēnix 7||Garmin fēnix 7X|
Garmin fēnix 7S
fēnix 7S Standard Silver w/Graphite Band:
fēnix 7S Standard Silver w/Whitestone Band: $699.99
fēnix 7S Solar Rose Gold w/Light Sand Band:
fēnix 7S Solar Slate Gray w/Black Band:
fēnix 7S Sapphire Solar Cream Gold Titanium w/Light Sand Band:
fēnix 7S Sapphire Solar Carbon Gray DLC Titanium w/Black Band:
fēnix 7S Sapphire Solar Dark Bronze Titanium w/Shale Gray Band:
Garmin fēnix 7
fēnix 7 Standard Silver w/Graphite Band:
fēnix 7 Solar Slate Gray w/Black Band:
fēnix 7 Solar Sapphire Carbon Gray DLC Titanium w/ Balck Band:
fēnix 7 Sapphire Solar Mineral Blue DLC Titanium w/Whitestone Band:
fēnix 7 Sapphire Solar Black DLC Titanium
Garmin fēnix 7X
fēnix 7X Solar Slate Gray w/Black Band:
fēnix 7X Sapphire Solar Carbon Gray DLC Titanium w/Black Band:
fēnix 7X Sapphire Solar Mineral Blue DLC Titanium w/Whitestone Band:
fēnix 7X Sapphire Solar Black DLC Titanium w/Black Band:
Table of Contents
- In-Depth Garmin fēnix 7 Review Video
- Garmin fēnix 7 Review Highlights
- Garmin fēnix 7/epix 2 Base vs Sapphire Models Comparison Video
- fēnix 7 vs epix 2 Sapphire Comparison Video Highlights
- Watch Garmin fēnix 7 vs fēnix 6 Comparisons Video
- fēnix 7 vs fēnix 6 Comparison Highlights
- Garmin fēnix 7 & epix (Gen 2) Q&A Video
Garmin fēnix 7 FAQs
- What are the fēnix 7 sizes & models?
- Garmin fēnix 7 vs epix 2 — What's the difference?
- Garmin fēnix 6 vs fēnix 7 — What's the difference?
- Garmin fēnix 7 vs COROS vs Polar Outdoor Watches
- Garmin fēnix 7 vs Venu 2 Plus vs Forerunner 945
- Garmin fēnix 7/7S/7X vs Instinct 2/2S Rugged GPS Watches
- Is the Garmin fēnix 7 a golf watch?
Garmin fēnix 7 Review Video
Garmin fēnix 7 Review Highlights
Our partner, Dave, at Chase the Summit has proclaimed the fēnix 7 "the best multisport GPS watch Garmin has ever made" — and we agree!
Here are just some of the reasons why:
- New, super-responsive touchscreen, which you can enable/disable if you want buttons only. The touchscreen makes maps and navigation easier with Garmin's powerful mapping.
- An updated design with thinner metal bezels, which adds to solar function, and cleaner more minimalistic appearence.
- Built-in LED flashlight in the fēnix 7X.
- More useful interface; menu items are simpler and spaced apart.
- New watch faces.
- Race Predictor feature updated with a graph to see improvement over time.
- New Real-Time Stamina feature guages how much energy you have left in an activity.
- The fēnix 7 series has the latest Elevate heart rate sensor.
- Full-blown topo maps (preloaded with Sapphire Solar editions), and the refresh rate is top-notch!
- Multi-band satellite access for more GPS accuracy (Sapphire Solar edition only).
- Improved battery life across the board—with and without solar-charging.
Garmin fēnix 7 GPS Watch Sizes & Models
Garmin fēnix 7 Standard, Solar & Sapphire Solar:
Display Size: 1.3"
Physical Dimensions (W x H x D): 47 x 47 x 14.5 mm
weight: 73g titanium bezel; 79g stainless steel bezel
fēnix 7S Standard, Solar & Sapphire Solar:
Display Size: 1.2"
Physical Dimensions (W x H x D): 42 x 42 x 14.1 mm
weight: 58g titanium bezel; 63g stainless steel bezel
fēnix 7X Solar & Sapphire Solar:
Display Size: 1.4"
Physical Dimensions (W x H x D): 51 x 51 x 14.9 mm
weight: 89g titanium bezel; 96g stainless steel bezel
Garmin fēnix 7/epix (Gen 2) Sapphire vs Base Model Comparison Video
fēnix 7/epix (Gen 2) Sapphire vs Base Model Comparison Video Highlights
What are the advantages of getting a Garmin fēnix 7 or epix (Gen 2) base model vs the Sapphire edition?
- Sapphire glass vs Gorilla glass is more resistant.
- With both the Garmin epix 2 and fēnix 7 models, you get a titanium case with the Sapphire dispaly option.
- You also get a bezel with a DLC (diamond-like carbon coating) for durability and more scratch-resistance.
- The Sapphire models have more interanl storage.
- The fēnix 7 and epix 2 Sapphires include multi-band satellite GPS function for even more increased tracking accuracy.
- Sapphire glass's downfall? It's more reflective and transmits less light than typical glass (you can see this demonstrated in various lighting in the video). Ths is less noticable in the epix (Gen 2) becuase of the AMOLED screen.
Compare fēnix 7 vs Garmin epix 2
The main differences between the Garmin fēnix 7/7S/7X and the epix (Gen 2) include:
- There are 3 sizes and 16 watchs in the fēnix 7 lineup, while the epix 2 offers three total watches in one size.
- The epix Gen 2 has a bright AMOLED display.
- The fēnix 7 series offers solar-charging options.
- You're going to get a lot more battery life—even without solar-charging options—with a Garmin fēnix 7 multisport watch.
Jump over to our Garmin fēnix 7 vs epix (Gen 2) article to dig into the similarities and differences between these two high-end Garmin watches.
Garmin fēnix 7 vs fēnix 6 — 10 Reasons to Upgrade (and 2 Reasons not to)!
fēnix 7 vs fēnix 6 Comparison Video Highlights
While the Garmin fēnix 6 is only a couple of years old and offers a lot of the tools you love in a high-end Garmin multisport GPS watch, Dave, our partner at Chase the Summit, brings you 10 reasons to upgrade to a fēnix 7—and 2 reasons not to in the above video.
Some of the arguments in the for column:
- The fēnix 7 touchscreen is super-responsive and adds pan/zoom to maps—making navigation easier as well as interfacing with the menu on this Garmin watch.
- Improved GPS accuracy with multi-band frequency in the fēnix 7 Sapphire Solar models; but also in GPS all-around.
- Even better battery life, which the fēnix 6 already had. Now its better.
- All fēnix 7 series watches have the latest Garmin Elevate heart rate sensor, which is much-improved over the previous versions.
- Improved real-time sync through the Garmin Connect app.
- Real-Time Stamina, which with your energy use economy during an activity.
- A Sapphire Solar option is now availlable in the fēnix 7.
fēnix 7 vs fēnix 6 — An In-Depth Comparison
In a first for a high-end Garmin multisport watch, the fēnix 7 series adds a touchscreen. And don't worry, they didn't take away your trusted traditional button operation that works in any environment.
Also, Garmin has added next-level endurance and real-time stamina tracking, new multi-band frequency for better positioning (Sapphire Solar only), more access to maps, and music storage on every size and model. Plus, improved fēnix 7 battery life.
Hop over to our Garmin fēnix 7 vs fēnix 6 comparison article for a deep dive into the differences between these two genrations of Garmin's most rugged and sophisticated multisport GPS watch.
Garmin fēnix 7 & epix (Gen 2) Q&A!
Garmin fēnix 7 GPS Watch Comparisons
Garmin fēnix 7 vs COROS vs Polar Outdoor Watches
The COROS Vertix 2 ultimate outdoor watch gives the fēnix 7 series a run for its money in the GPS accuracy and battery life categories. And the Polar Grit X Pro certainly comes with a training and performance metrics game that is worth considering.
Check out our article on all these top outdoor watches to find out which one has the all-around features that you want in a premium outdoor GPS watch.
Garmin fēnix 7 vs Venu 2 Plus vs Forerunner 945 GPS Watches
It all comes down the the experience you want out of your watch. Is it the durability and superior battery life and GPS of the fēnix 7 series you're looking for? The lightweight running watch performance of the Garmin Forerunner 945? The touchscreens of the Venu 2 Plus and the fēnix 7/7S/7X watches? How about the built-in speaker and microphone in the Venu 2 Plus that allow you to make/take calls and text from your wrist?
You should definitely check out our Garmin watch comparison between the fēnix 7 vs Venu 2 Plus vs Forerunner 945 to see which Garmin GPS watch has the suite of features that is right for your wrist.
Garmin fēnix 7/7S/7X vs Instinct 2/2S Rugged GPS Watches
Now you can think of the Instinct 2/2S lineup as a budget-friendly fēnix, with model options that are purpose-built for specific activities and lifestyles like surfing, OTR trucking, and outdoor tactical missions. While it is not quite as powerful a multisport watch as a fēnix 7, the Garmin Instinct lineup has certainly leveled-up in the performance metrics, battery life, and smart features categories.
To get a full picture, check out this article on the fēnix 7 series vs the Instinct 2/2S GPS watches.
Is the Garmin fēnix 7 a golf watch?
Surprise! All Garmin fēnix 7 watches come with the same golfing features you find on a Garmin Approach S42! So if you're looking for the best Garmin multisport watch and an amazing golf watch in one, a fēnix 7 GPS watch might be just your stride.