The new Garmin epix (Gen 2) premium multisport GPS watch is, in essence, a fēnix 7 or fēnix 6 Pro with an irresistable edge: an AMOLED touchscreen display. Geared toward active lifestyles, the epix 2, at its core, is one of the most robust multisport performance watches on the market—now with a display that perfectly complements it.
Garmin epix 2 Specs Quick Look
- Weight: 76 grams (standard); 70 grams (titanium Sapphire)
- Size: 47 x 47 x 14.5 mm
- Display size: 1.3″ (33.02 mm)
- Lens: Corning® Gorilla® Glass DX; Sapphire Crystal (Sapphire editions)
- Smartwatch: Up to 16 days (6 days always-on)
- Battery Saver Watch Mode: Up to 21 days
- GPS Only: Up to 42 hours (30 hours always-on )
- All Satellite Systems: Up to 32 hours (24 hours always-on)
- Sapphire Editions: All Satellite Systems + Multi-band: Up to 20 hours (15 hours always-on)
- All Satellite Systems + Music: Up to 10 hours (9 hours always-on)
- Max Battery GPS: Up to 75 hours
- Expedition GPS: Up to 14 days
- GPS Sensors: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo; multi-frequency positioning on Sapphire editions
- Connectivity: Bluetooth®, ANT+®, Wi-Fi®
- Water rating: 10 ATM (up to 100 meters)
How the epix (Gen 2) Stands Out
The epix 2's AMOLED display (a Garmin first for a serious, high-end multisport watch) puts improved readability with vibrant colors, sharper images, and better viewing angles on your wrist and in your routine. Plus, it allows for more information to be viewed on the watch face at once.
The convenience of this combined with its touchscreen, allows you to access the information that you want quickly, while still being able to count on Garmin's button operations when you're in the thick of it—defying sweat, weather, and other conditions when staying focused is key.
The Garmin epix (Gen 2) comes preloaded with golf, ski, and road & trail maps. The epix 2 Sapphire models are preloaded with topographic maps, while you can download TopoActive maps onto the standard edition.
Enjoy access to all of Garmin's top-of-the-line sports apps and performance metrics like Training Status, Training Load, VO2 Max (for run and trail run), and Race Predictor. Plus Garmin has added Realtime Stamina to track and manage your exertion—and help avoid overexerting at the start of your run or bike. And Garmin's ever-increasing activity profiles now include Ultra Running, Kiteboarding, Windsurfing, Snowshoeing, Tennis, and Pickleball.
The fēnix 7 offers extended battery life and solar-charging options, three size options, and a more rugged build than the epix (Gen 2). But if you can do without these—and the AMOLED touchscreen is a must-have—then the epix 2, which is every bit as feature-rich as the fēnix 7, is the premium active smartwatch for you!
See a full set of epix 2 specs on the Garmin Outdoor Watch Specs page.