In the Spring of 2023, the Rapsodo MLM2PRO™ golf launch monitor made a huge impression in the golf tech world by announcing that this new device not only works with Android devices as well as iOS—but it also features simulation capability.
Because of demand, this coveted new portable launch monitor spent a lot of time in preorder status. And the questions flowed in—especially about its simulation features.
In this article, we’re spilling everything we know about the simulation side of the MLM2PRO, plus throwing in all the details we can around setting up and using this new device you might be itching to get into your golf simulator man cave—or she shed!
Rapsodo MLM2PRO Simulation — Everything You Need to Know
- The MLM2PRO currently (as of July 2023) integrates with E6 Connect and Awesome Golf simulation software.
- You need the MLM2PRO premium membership to use third-party simulation providers. However, each unit comes with a free one-year subscription.
- Each MLM2PRO owner receives 5 free courses for E6 Connect. A code is sent to you after you register the unit. For more than that, you will need an E6 Connect subscription.
- Awesome Golf also offers a 14-day free trial.
- The MLM2PRO video features cannot be used with third-party simulation software.
- Rapsodo offers 30K+ simulated courses and a 3D driving range. This also requires the premium membership.
- Rapsodo Range gives you accurate, real-time metrics and ball flight in a 3D, simulated setting. The virtual Rapsodo Range can be used when practicing indoors or outdoors to help you dial in your distance and accuracy of clubs.
- With access to more than 30,000 courses you can play your local course or see how your game stacks up on nationally recognized venues. Compete against yourself. Gamify golf with your kids. Have fun with friends.
How do you connect the MLM2PRO to Awesome Golf?
Watch this video tutorial:
How do you play Awesome Golf on your Rapsodo MLM2PRO with the Assistant app?
Are simulation courses included with the MLM2PRO purchase?
Yes, a full year of MLM2PRO Premium Membership ($199 value) is included with the purchase of MLM2PRO. The Premium Membership includes access to the Rapsodo Range and more than 30K Rapsodo Courses.
What courses are included?
With MLM2PRO Premium Membership golfers have access to over 30K golf courses that range from nationally recognized venues to local courses.
Do you need an internet connection to use the Rapsodo Simulation?
Rapsodo Range can be used without an internet connection. Rapsodo Courses require an internet connection.
Does the MLM2PRO integrate with third-party simulation software providers?
Yes, MLM2PRO is fully integrated with Awesome Golf and E6 CONNECT.
Does the MLM2PRO work with a laptop or computer?
The MLM2PRO runs off either an iOS or Android device, not a laptop or a computer. Check out our 3rd party simulation software providers for compatible PC software.
How does simulation work with a projector?
Most projectors support HDMI connections. To project the MLM2PRO App, simply connect the HDMI cable to your phone or tablet using an appropriate adaptor.
Is there a multiplayer mode with Rapsodo simulation?
Simulation is currently single player and we hope to add multi-player as an option in the future.
Will the simulation screen fit the size of the projection screen?
Yes, you can put your iOS or Android device in landscape mode to fit full screen.
How do you start a Rapsodo Courses Simulation Session?
Rapsodo MLM2PRO Setup & Use
- Before you begin, fully charge the device. This may take up to 4 hours. The LED light will be amber while charging and will shut off when charging is complete.
- Download the Rapsodo MLM2PRO app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Register your device by holding the power button on the side of the unit for about 2 seconds. Make sure Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled on your smartphone or tablet.
- When registering your device, you have the opportunity to select the free 1-year Premium Membership. (See section below to learn if the membership is for you).
- Make sure you have the latest firmware update. To update firmware:
- Connect the device to your phone or tablet.
- Select a mode from the Play tab and select the MLM2PRO device.
- You must have an active internet connection to download the firmware update. A local Wi-Fi network is recommended.
- Download and then install the firmware update.
- The LED light on the front of the device will flash white during the firmware upgrade. Once complete, it will turn red.
We suggest watching this tutorial for a thorough understanding of how to get started with your Rapsodo MLM2PRO.
Should You Get the Premium Membership for the Rapsodo MLM2PRO?
This is one of those before-you-buy considerations. Some folks are fine with subscriptions with golf tech—others are not so thrilled about it. Like everything, you have to weigh the pros and cons of a product (only the super expensive ones are near-perfect), and decide what fits your style.
Watch a Super-Informative Rapsodo MLM2PRO Review from our Partner at Breaky Eighty
Features You Get with the MLM2PRO Premium Membership
The premium membership is $200. However, the good news is that this new Rapsodo launch monitor comes with a free one-year subscription. Here are all the benefits with the membership:
- Cloud video storage (10,000 videos)
- Slow motion replay
- Session insights
- Rapsodo Combine
- Spin Rate, Spin Axis (Callaway® RPT™ Ball)
- Rapsodo Courses
- Rapsodo Range
- Impact Vision
- Dual Camera
- Integration with Third-Party Simulation Providers (Awesome Golf, E6 Connect).