Garmin Running Dynamics Pod
The Running Dynamics Pod easily clips onto your waistband to measure the running dynamics you need to beat yesterday. It gives you the option to run without a heart rate monitor chest strap. Once paired with your compatible smartwatch, just clip it to the back and center of your waistband and start your run.
Review Your Form
View and analyze important running metrics such as your cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical oscillation and vertical ratio. These biomechanical measurements can help you understand your running form so you can perform better on race day.
How It Works
The Running Dynamics Pod has an accelerometer in the module that measures torso movement to calculate these 6 running metrics:
- Cadence is the number of steps per minute. It displays the total steps (right and left combined).
- Ground contact time balance displays the left/right balance of your ground contact time while running. It displays a percentage. For example, 53.2 with an arrow pointing left or right.
- Stride length is the length of your stride from 1 footfall to the next. It is measured in meters.
- Vertical oscillation is your bounce while running. It displays the vertical motion of your torso, measured in centimeters for each step.
- Vertical ratio is the ratio of vertical oscillation to stride length. It displays a percentage. A lower number typically indicates better running form.
- Ground contact time is the amount of time in each step that you spend on the ground while running. It is measured in milliseconds.
- Computes and sends 6 running dynamics metrics to your compatible device
- Battery life: replaceable battery lasts up to 1 year (assuming 1 hour daily use)
- Automatically turns itself on and off
- Tiny size: at less than 0.5 ounces, you’ll forget it’s there
- Compatible devices connect with the Garmin Connect Mobile app to automatically sync your data and connect with others
- Unit dimensions (pod in clip): 1.5" x 0.9" x 0.8" (37.6 mm x 23.2 mm x 19.2 mm)
- Weight: 12.0 g
- Battery life: 1 year (assuming 1 hour per day of use)
- Battery type: CR1632 (user-replaceable)
- Water rating: 1 ATM
- ANT+ connectivity
- Descent G1
- Descent G1 Solar
- Descent Mk1
- Descent Mk2
- Descent Mk2i
- Descent Mk2S
- epix (Gen 2)
- fēnix 6 - Pro and Sapphire Editions
- fēnix 6 - Pro Solar Edition
- fēnix 6 – Standard Edition
- fēnix 6S - Pro and Sapphire Editions
- fēnix 6S - Pro Solar Edition
- fēnix 6S – Standard Edition
- fēnix 6X - Pro and Sapphire Editions
- fēnix 6X - Pro Solar Edition
- fēnix 7 – Sapphire Solar Edition
- fēnix 7 – Solar Edition
- fēnix 7 – Standard Edition
- fēnix 7S – Sapphire Solar Edition
- fēnix 7S – Solar Edition
- fēnix 7S – Standard Edition
- fēnix 7X – Sapphire Solar Edition
- fēnix 7X – Solar Edition
- Forerunner 245
- Forerunner 245 Music
- Forerunner 745
- Forerunner 945
- Forerunner 945 LTE
- tactix Delta - Sapphire Edition
- tactix Delta - Solar Edition
- tactix Delta - Solar Edition with Ballistics
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- Running Dynamics Pod