Watch This Best Affordable Golf Launch Monitor Review by Our Partner at Let's Play Thru!
Top 9 Affordable Golf Launch Monitors for Home Use in 2024 — Video Reviews & Comparisons
***Updated in October 2023 to reflect Bushnell Launch Pro product updates***
At this very moment we're living in a golf tech renaissance—and leading the way through this period of affordable advancements are golf launch monitors.
These gadgets continue to get more affordable, more portable and more useful. For less than $600 (the Garmin Approach R10 and Swing Caddie SC4), you can get a launch monitor that will give you more information than you could possibly need AND can be used in a home golf simulator setup.
It’s pretty mind-blowing.
Remember just a couple of years ago, when the idea of a device that spit out all of the data related to what the golf club and ball were doing at impact was reserved for only teaching and touring pros?
Or when the idea of a home golf simulator that allowed you to hit golf shots on virtual versions of the most famous courses in the world was reserved for the wealthy?
Or when the shot-tracer technology that allowed you to trace the golf ball as it flew through the air was something only seen on TV?
Those days are over.
We’re in an era when the everyday, common golfer can enjoy what not long ago seemed like space-age technology.
The only problem now is deciding what’s right for you. There are so many options that it can very quickly become somewhat overwhelming. Relax. We got you!
In this article, we go over the top choices for the best and most affordable golf launch monitors for home!
Garmin Approach R10—Super Affordable for Golfing at Home!
Garmin Approach R10 Golf Launch Monitor Benefits
- A golf launch monitor and simulator for $600!
- Get Club Path, Club Face, and Angle of Attack metrics that you won't find on golf launch monitors/simulators for less than $2,000.
- You get an arsenal of data points with the R10: Ball Speed, Launch Angle, Launch Direction, Club Head Speed, Club Path, Back Swing and Down Swing Times, Angle of Attack, Club Face Angle, Spin Rate, Spin Axis, Observed Ball Flight Range, Carry Distance, Total Distance, Smash Factor, Swing Tempo, Apex Height, Shot Dispersion Chart, and Impact Location on Club.
- The Approach R10 is super easy set up at home!
- Use the Garmin launch monitor for indoor or outdoor practice.
- This personal golf launch monitor is highly accurate, especially outside. Our friend Gabe at Let's Play Thru has tested it against other golf launch monitors and simulators, including SkyTrak, Mevo, and the GC2.
- Includes game modes with rich visual graphics and multiplayer games and challenges.
- Garmin's own simulation on 42,000 courses worldwide and access to E6 Connect (for iOS and PC only).
- This Garmin golf launch monitor and simulator gives you an impressive 10 hours of battery life.
- Did we mention that it is only $600?!!!
Approach R10 Setup Requirements:
You'll need to place the unit 6-8' behind you and allow for 8'+ of space in front for ball flight measurements for a total of 14' in an indoor space.
The NEW Swing Caddie SC4 Launch Monitor & Golf Simulator
Swing Caddie SC4 Benefits
- All the right data points, including: Carry Distance, Total Distance, Smash Factor, Launch Angle, Swing Speed, Apex (Max Height), Ball Speed Launch Direction, and Spin Rate.
- Two more metrics measured: Launch Direction and Spin Rate (SC300i offers spin data via the app).
- New sleek design!
- Golf simulation: including E6 Connect compatibility.
- It comes with a Free Simulator Driving Range Demo.
- It has simulatior app integration for both iOS and Android. In simulator mode, the SC4 connects with the included MySwingCaddie app, providing a complete virtual display along with metrics and stats.
- Super-affordable price at $549.99.
SC4 Space Requirements
About 15 feet of space is recommended for indoor play. The unit should be placed 4-7 feet behind the ball.
You will need to allow 10 feet between the ball and a net/impact screen, whether indoor or outdoor.
The Rapsodo MLM2PRO™ Now with Golf Simulation
Rapsodo MLM2PRO Highlights
- Spin Rate, Spin Axis, Ball Speed, Club Speed, Launch Angle, Launch Direction, Carry Distance, Total Distance, Descent Angle, Apex, ShotType, Side Carry, Smash Factor
- Available for iOS and Android.
- Dual Optical Camera Vision combines two cameras along with radar technology to monitor your swing.
- Adds golf simulation with 30K courses, virtual driving range, and third-party simulation software compatible.
- Adds Spin Rate, Spin Axis, and Descent Angle.
- Vastly improved video analysis and data visualization.
- A new golf app.
- Comes with special Callaway golf balls for precise spin measurement.
- No longer have to use with your phone and use up its battery.
MLM2PRO Setup Requirements:
Outdoor space requirements: The MLM2PRO™ is designed to sit 6.5-8.5 feet directly behind the ball aimed down the target line.
Indoor space requirements: A little more than 14 total feet is needed. First, 8 feet is needed from ball to the net. Then, the MLM2PRO™ requires another 6.5-8.5 feet behind the ball. Taller players may need to place the device further back to capture their entire swing video.
The Very Portable FlightScope Mevo Launch Monitor
FlightScope Mevo Benefits
- Ultra portable and pocketable — 3.55" x 2.76" x 1.18"
- 8 straightforward data parameters: Carry Distance, Club Head Speed, Ball Speed, Smash Factor, Vertical Launch Angle, Spin Rate, Apex Height, and Flight Time
- Super easy setup
- Affordable portable golf launch monitor
- Learn which clubs to use
- Up to 4 hours of battery life for practice
- Works with your phone with the free FS Golf app
- Record video with data overlay to study or share
- Input unlimited clubs
Mevo Setup Requirements:
Indoor: Allow 8 feet of ball flight and 4-7 feet behind the impact position—15 feet of space total.
Outdoor: Place the Mevo unit 4-7 feet behind impact position. If you are hitting into a net outdoors, you will need at least 8 feet of ball flight.
The Convenient Swing Caddie SC300i Home Launch Monitor
Swing Caddie SC300i Benefits
- 6 key data parameters right on the screen of the golf launch monitor unit, including Distance, Smash Factor, Swing Speed, Ball Speed, Launch Angle, Apex, and Spin Rate (spin rate in app only)
- Most accurate affordable launch monitor according to Gabe at Let's Play Thru
- Instant on-screen readouts of your shot
- Option to view your data in real-time in the free MySwingCaddie app installed on your smartphone
- Does not require app to use
- Gives you swing video with auto recording (through the app)
- Several ways to analyze your swing in the MySwingCaddie app
- Newly updated and tested doppler radar and barometric pressure sensors provide even more accurate numbers
- Voice Output feature announces shot distance automatically after each shot
- Includes a remote to change mode, club, or target distance
- Battery life of 12 hours for longer at-home practice sessions
SC300i Setup Requirements:
Indoor: Requires a space of at least 11.5'. Position 5' behind the ball and 6.5' from the ball to the net.
Outdoor: Position 5' behind the ball on the same level with unrestricted ball flight distance, unless using a net, which requires 6.5' from ball to the net.
Swing Caddie SC200 Plus—Most Affordable Home Launch Monitor
Swing Caddie SC200 Plus Benefits
- Super portable launch monitor — 3" x 5.9" x .9"; 7.3 oz.
- Basic performance data metrics, including Carry/Total Distance (Carry + run), Swing Speed, Ball Speed, and Smash Factor.
- Offers 3 Modes to help you improve at home: Practice Mode, Target Mode, Practice Swing Mode
- The SC200 Plus gives you voice + view with the voice output feature
- Get distances calibrated by atmospheric pressure
- Provides the at-home golfer the ability to select loft angles
- Get daily and overall stats for each club
- Get shot count and time display
- Comes with convenient remote control
SC200 Plus Setup Requirements:
Indoor: Requires a space of at least 11'. Position 5' behind the ball and 6' from the ball to the net.
Outdoor: Position between 4 and 5 feet directly behind the ball on the same level with unrestricted ball flight distance, unless using a net, which requires 6' from ball to the net.
Best Golf Launch Monitors & Equipment
Bushnell Launch Pro from Foresight Sports
Bushnell Launch Pro Benefits
As of October 2023, Bushnell now offers a Launch Pro option that can be described as affordable—considering it is $1,500 less than a full-blown Launch Pro!
- To offer a more affordable entry point into owning a launch monitor and home golf simulator, Bushnell now offers two configurations of the same great launch monitor powered by Foresight Sports: a Ball Data only version for $1,999.99 and a Ball & Club Data version for $3,499.99.
- It still features a camera-based system with tour-level precision—on par with pro devices that cost upwards of tens of thousands of dollars.
- The Ball Only Bushnell Launch Pro measures Carry Distance, Ball Speed, Total Spin, Horizontal Launch Angle, Vertical Launch Angle, Back Spin, Side Spin, Spin Tilt Axis, and includes a Barometer.
- The Ball & Club Data model includes everything listed above plus it measures Club Head Speed, Smash Factor, Club Path, and Angle of Attack. All of these club metrics, with the exception of Smash Factor, require a club head sticker, which come with purchase.
- As mentioned, the Launch Pro is a photometric or camera-based golf launch monitor with three cameras for the most accurate readings—especially indoors!
- For incredibly realistic simulation with FSX Play and FSX2020, 25 top golf courses, access to third-party software, and more you will need a Gold software package for $499/year. You will get a 14-day free trial of it with your Launch Pro purchase.
- Bushnell acquired Foresight Sports a while back, which means that this launch monitor technology is proven—among the best available! It is the twin GC3 and little sibling of the GCQuad.
- It's a pro-level golf launch monitor that is portable!
For a more detailed breakdown of the new purchase configurations, check out our Bushnell Launch Pro Update page.
Launch Pro Home Setup Requirements:
To use your Launch Pro, place upright approximately 2 feet away from the hitting area. If you are using a hitting mat, make sure the Launch Pro is raised to the same level as the hitting surface.
Place the ball on the ground in front of your Launch Pro. If the ball is outside of the hitting zone, you will see the MOVE BALL INTO HITTING ZONE screen. If there are multiple balls in the hitting zone, you will see the MULTIPLE BALLS DETECTED screen. Once the ball is in the hitting zone, the Launch Pro will display the READY screen and the blue LED indicator light will change from blinking to solid.
SkyTrak—The Most Fun and Dynamic Home Golf System
SkyTrak+ Golf Launch Monitor Benefits
- In your home, the SkyTrak+ can measure: Ball Speed, Launch angle, Back Spin, Side Spin, and Side Angle. With this data, SkyTrak software is also able to accurately provide: Carry/Total Distance, Offline, Roll, Flight Path, Club Head Speed, and Angle of Descent. PLUS, this new launch monitor offers new Club Data, including: Smash Factor, Club Path, Face Angle, Face to Path, and Face to Target.
- Get faster response times with no delay once you take a shot!
- Count on improved accuracy with updated photometric tech + the addition of dual doppler radar!
- GOLFTEC made it their mission to make SkyTrak+ the best launch monitor and home golf simulator indoor and outdoors!
- This NEW SkyTrak unit has been designed for BOTH professional-grade improvement + amazing simulation!
- An exciting new Shot Optimizer Interface includes commentary by Golf Digest's #22 instructor in the world—Nick Clearwater!
- With the SkyTrak+ you don't need any club or ball stickers or special balls to get the best accuracy.
- Shot-Tracer provides views from two camera angles for enhanced feedback and better information than you would get at the course.
- Get fun challenges like Closest to the Pin, Long Drive, and Target Practice.
- The SkyTrak+ measures putting.
- Competitions—long drive and closest to the pin contests.
- Session History—lets you save and review past sessions.
- Club Compare—a club fitting assessment to help compare two clubs.
- Skills Assessment—a variety of skills tests to help benchmark performance.
- Bag Mapping—an assessment to help dial in your distances and discover poor club gaps in your bag.
- Wedge Matrix—an assessment to help dial in your wedge distances and half swings.
- Golf Simulation—the ability to integrate with golf simulation software, allowing you to play the world’s most famous golf courses from the comfort of your own home.
- Customize you SkyTrak experience by inputting a series of desired variables and environmental factors such as weather and course conditions.
- Driving Range lets you hit and view live shots—at home!
SkyTrak Setup Requirements
Indoor/Outdoor: Technically, as long as you have enough room to safely swing a golf club, you have enough room to use your SkyTrak system. This is an advantage over some other professional devices that require more space.
An open space that is at least 10' x 10' and 9' high is recommended.
FlightScope Mevo Plus Golf Launch Monitor and Simulator for Your Home Setup
FlightScope Mevo+ Golf Launch Monitor Benefits
- 2023 updates include:
- New kickstand
- More battery life
- More free E6 Connect golf courses
- PC option with E6 Connect
- New FlightScope Golf Software for PC
- 16 of the most important data parameters: Carry Distance, Club Head Speed, Smash Factor, Apex Height, Flight Time, Ball Speed, Vertical Launch Angle, Horizontal Launch Angle, Lateral Landing, Angle of Attack, Total Distance, Roll Distance, Spin Axis, Spin Rate, Spin Loft, and Shot Shape
- Mevo+ is super easy to set up
- This launch monitor is very good indoors and awesome outdoors
- Conveniently portable at 6.8" x 1.2" x 4.6"
- Learn about which clubs to use while practicing and playing at home; unlimited clubs can be added to both FlightScope launch monitors
- The Mevo+ golf launch monitor gives you audio feedback
- Record and clip video of every shot on your phone and overlay your selected data parameters
- Integrates with robust simulation software; E6 Connect for iOS (comes with 10 free golf courses); the Golf Club and Creative Golf 3D for PC users
- Mevo+ has no subscription fees and works with your phone with the free FS Mevo Golf app.
Mevo+ Home Setup Requirements
Outdoor: Requires 7'-9' from sensor to tee and unrestricted ball flight distance. If you are hitting into a net outdoors, you will need at least 8' of ball flight.
Indoor: Requires a space of at least 16'–8' from sensor to tee and 8' minimum distance to net.
Simulator Setup: Requires 7' from sensor to tee and 8' minimum distance to net.
Fiberbuilt Golf Hitting Mats for Launch Monitor Setups
You're going to need a golf practice mat for your home golf setup, and for the best in the industry, we recommend launch monitor-tested Fiberbuilt golf hiting mats!
Fiberbuilt golf mats stand out from other golf practice mats in three major areas:
DURABILITY: Proprietary Fiberbuilt Grass has been engineered to withstand more than 300,000 shots on the exact same spot.
PERFORMANCE: Only Fiberbuilt golf mats have been engineered to provide the exact same ball flight characteristics as a real grass fairway. Using Trackman, they have tested Fiberbuilt Grass vs the competition and a real grass fairway in terms of the following ball flight factors: club speed, ball speed, smash factor, spin rate, and launch angle. No one else comes close to the performance of Fiberbuilt.
INJURY PREVENTION: Traditional turf-based golf mats used at some driving ranges typically offer very little impact absorption and can actually be the root cause of golf injuries.
Visit our Fiberbuilt Golf Hitting Mats page for everything you need to know!
Best Golf Nets for Home Launch Monitors
Whatever your setup needs, we recommend that anyone in need of a golf hitting net invests in a Net Return, and here's why:
- It's the only net in the world that automatically returns the ball!
- Comes with a 250,000 (Pro Series V2) and 200,000 (Home Series V2) shot guarantee!
- It can take any shot, indoors or out!
- Withstands golf ball speeds of up to 225 mph (Pro Series V2)!
- Practice every day in the comfort of your own home, using any club!
- One Person Assembly in Under 5 Minutes (No Tools Required!)
- Lightweight, Rugged, 1.5" Powder Coated Black Tubular Aluminum Frame
- Commercial Grade, UV Treated Black, Polyester Netting
- Large, Stainless Steel Push Buttons
- Easily stored or transported in the provided rugged, duffle bag.
- Can help provide instant shot feedback on hook, straight, and sliced, depending on how the ball comes back ...
- Handmade and tested in the U.S.
- One Net for Multi-Sport Use - Golf, Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse
Best Indoor Golf Simulators for Home
PlayBetter SimStudio is the absolute best way to transform your garage, basement or spare room into a golf simulator studio. And it's shockingly easy to set up! And shockingly affordable to get everything you need in one place!
Here's what you'll get:
PlayBetter SimStudio Golf Simulator Bay Golf Enclosure (4 sizes)
- SimStudio10: 10' (W) X 8'6 (H) X 5'4 (D)
- SimStudio12: 12' (W) X 8'6 (H) X 5'4 (D)
- SimStudio13 : 13' (W) X 10' (H) X 5'4 (D)
- SimStudio13 Deep: 13' (W) X 10' (H) X 10' (D)
PlayBetter SimStudio Impact Screen
- Impact Screen width will match your enclosure
Optoma GT1080HDR 4k Ultra HD Gaming Projector
Projector Mounting Bracket
5x5' Premium Hitting Mat
Putting Grass Surface
- Putting Grass Surface width will match your enclosure
Premium HDMI Cable
2024 Golf Launch Monitor Comparison Chart
Check out and compare the features of our many 2024 top launch monitors in this golf launch monitor comparison chart created by our partner Yardstick Golf!